Sunday 13 November 2011


The Royal Sheikh

The-Royal-Sheikh


Just occasionally, it’s good for an older man like me to get away from the blood and musket adventure or crime thriller that would be my preferred genre, and settle down to read a good old fashioned romance, and that’s exactly what I found in this book. I read this novel from beginning to end which says a lot for it, because all too often recently, I have found the “Romance” genre to have been hijacked by being unnecessarily descriptive of bedroom intimacy, which quite frankly, turns me off. So if you like a straight forward romance… this is a great book but it is not steamy. It’s a good old fashioned romance where girl meets boy but boy isn’t all that he seems. What I really enjoyed was the way that the writer keeps the story moving. Even though I was not burdened with endless character descriptions, I am left with the feeling that I know the main characters personally. Now that’s the sort of achievement I like in a novelist.  I enjoyed reading this novel but I didn’t quite love it. It therefore falls between 4 and 5 stars on the Amazon scale.

No comments:

Post a Comment